Manifesting works for all things – you can be as specific or as general as you want with your goals.
That being said, there are actually a few reasons why I believe it may be a better option for you to manifest general improvement rather than fixing yourself on a specific outcome (especially if you’re a beginner). I will give my explanation for this in this article.
What Do We Mean When We Say “Specific” and “General” Manifestations?
First, what do we mean by “general” and “specific” manifestations?
General/Broad manifestations: If you are manifesting something general or broad, you are manifesting general improvement in your life without thinking about the specific outcome. Specific outcomes happen automatically from your broad/general intention and are not determined by you. For example, when you assume something broad like “I am lucky,” your world will begin to reflect that assumption, and a bunch of specific things will happen that fit under the belief that “I am lucky.”
You can manifest overall improvement in all areas of life, or you can manifest general improvement in particular areas such as love, social life, self-image, finance, career, etc.
Specific manifestations: When you’re manifesting something specific, you have a particular outcome in mind. For example, maybe you want a certain amount of money, to be with a specific person, or to move to a particular country.
There are no hard and fast rules between specific and general manifestations. Any desire you have will have some degree of specificity and some degree of generalness.
For example, if you wanted money, you could 1) have a specific amount in mind (very specific), 2) you could simply just intend for “wealth” without specifying how much or in what way it will come (very broad), or 3) you may want a higher income (somewhere in-between).
Benefits Of Manifesting General/Broad Desires And Why Specific Desires Are Harder
In my experience, and from what I’ve seen work for others, specific manifestations are generally more challenging than broad or general manifestations. This is especially the case for beginners.
Here are the main reasons why specific desires are harder to manifest:
- Stronger belief required: Manifesting a specific outcome, such as a particular job or being in a relationship with a specific person, demands a higher level of faith and conviction in your ability to manifest that exact result.
- Fixation on circumstances: When you’re manifesting something specific, you are more apt to look for changes in the external world. It’s very obvious to you when your desire hasn’t manifested yet, and this can quickly lead to doubt and worry.
- Limited possibilities: You may be so emotionally fixated on a specific thing that you are blinding yourself to better and more desirable accomplishments.
- Higher likelihood of attachment: It’s easier to become attached to a specific outcome, which can create resistance and hinder the manifestation process.
In contrast, general or broad manifestations have the following advantages:
- Gives the power free range: The inner power knows what you want better than you do because it is your deeper self. So, for example, simply just trying to manifest general success in your life will give the inner power free range to manifest specific things that you may have never even dreamt of.
- Room for interpretation: The broader nature of general manifestations grants you more room for acceptance of multiple possibilities. It’s harder to argue against the results in the external world when you’re manifesting something broad because you do not know how the particular way in which the broad idea will take form.
- Less attachment: Focusing on general manifestations reduces the risk of becoming overly attached to a specific outcome – attachment often leads to doubt and worry. Manifesting something general is more about focusing on the feeling rather than the outcome.
Why You Should Do Both: You Can’t Have The Specific Without The General
Every specific manifestation is facilitated by more general or broad beliefs. For example, you cannot believe “I am doomed to be alone” while successfully manifesting a friendship with someone – The broad belief is in conflict with your specific desire.
Think of your broad/general beliefs, such as “I am wealthy,” as the soil in a garden, and your specific desires as the seeds you want to grow. Just like how certain types of soil are better for growing specific plants, the mindset, and beliefs you have surrounding a specific area, such as money, can either help or hinder the manifestation of your specific desire.
If you believe that you are doomed to failure, for example, it’s going to be very hard to manifest some specific desire that implies success – again, there are two opposing ideas in conflict with each other, and the stronger one will invariably win.
Manifesting a large sum of money, for example, also entails embracing a sense of overall wealth. To manifest a specific amount of money, your general mindset must encompass “wealth” – you need the right soil. By feeling wealthy and focusing on general abundance, you create a mental environment conducive to your desire for a specific amount of money.
It’s the same when manifesting a relationship with a specific person. Instead of purely focusing on the specific person, try and focus on some general beliefs you have about love and your own self-worth.
This is why so many fail. They try and plant seeds in soil that does not allow for that seed to grow.
Sure, sometimes the general state, such as wealth, will automatically be created by visualizing or affirming that you have the specific outcome that you want. The point is that the broad state is necessary and will have to change in one way or another. If you’re having trouble with a specific desire, it’s a wise idea to concentrate on the general beliefs underlying your intended outcome. This approach ensures you create the right conditions for your specific desires to flourish.
Also, I highly recommend you read my article on how to remove limiting beliefs, as this explains how to get rid of” bad code” in your subconscious mind.
Technique For Manifesting Something Specific
When manifesting, it’s always best to go into a meditative state of consciousness. You regress past the wall of your belief system, and from there, you can suggest new ideas on the subconscious mind or unconditioned awareness.
- Choose your specific desire. Only be as specific as you need to. For example, if you want a specific car but you don’t care about its color, don’t put a lot of emphasis on the color.
- Go into a Relaxed state of consciousness: Relax your body and mind. Your surface mind will begin to quit, and the tide of the subconscious mind will rise.
- Use your imagination:
- Option 1) Affirmations: say things such as,” I finally have the car I want” or” The car is certain to appear.”
- Option 2) Visualization: visualize a mental scene where you are already in possession of your desire. See the scene from a first-person perspective, and feel the reality of the mental scene as if it were actually happening. I have a detailed article on visualization.
- Feeling: While imagining, make sure to feel the root feelings of your specific desire. Feel the sense of accomplishment and gratitude that would be that had you achieved your desire. The root feelings are up to you to find and will vary depending on the particular desire you have, but accomplishment and gratitude are universal and applies to nearly every success.
Manifesting something specific is done the same way you manifest something general; the only difference is the specificity of the intended outcome.
You need to incorporate general feelings of accomplishment and gratitude for specific desires.
Again, you cannot believe that” I am poor” and, at the same time, manifest a lot of money; the underlying belief needs to change in one way or another.
Technique For Manifesting Something General
Again, the important thing is the relaxed state of consciousness. If your surface mind is too alert, it will very likely block suggestions that it does not agree with.
- Choose a desire: how generally do you want to go? Do you have a particular area, such as love, career, finance, or happiness, you want to change, or do you simply just want general improvement in your life?
- Go into a Relaxed state of consciousness: Again, this gets you in touch with the subconscious mind.
- Do Affirmations: keep them ambiguous. If you just want general improvement in life you could say, “Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.” If you want to be wealthy, you could say, “I am wealthy,” or simply just” wealth.”
- Feel the root feeling: Feel the feelings associated with the desire. Feel that you are wealthy, or that you’re loved, or whatever it may be. Gratitude and accomplishment are universal to success and are, therefore, always good options.
- Exclude all other ideas: Permeate your mind with your idea. This excludes all other opposing ideas. Identify yourself with it; feel it to be a part of you. Doing this changes your self-concept.
Doing this will incorporate these broad ideas of accomplishment, wealth, or whatever you’re going for, in your self-concept. When you change your self-concept, the circumstances will automatically change; things will naturally begin to happen, mirroring your changed state of consciousness.
A 7-Day Test: Manifesting Accomplishment In Your Life
I want you to try this test for seven days. Even if nothing happens in the external world, following this technique will almost certainly create positive changes in your subconscious mind.
This is the exercise I want you to do every night for the next seven days:
Step 1: Every night, before you go to bed, lay in your bed and close your eyes
Step 2: Relax your body and mind, and withdraw your attention from without. Quit your conscious mind, but do not become so tired that you cannot direct your thoughts and your attention. This causes the tide of the subconscious to rise to the surface, making it amenable to suggestion. You are basically regressing your mind back toward pure consciousness, anterior to your thoughts and beliefs.
Step 3: Do affirmations that imply accomplishment. A good one is, “every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better.” It can also be just a single word, such as “Accomplishment” or “Success.”
Do whatever affirmation works for you, but keep the affirmations simple and without focusing on any particular outcome.
You don’t actually need to consciously understand or listen to your affirmations; the subconscious mind will still accept them.
Step 4: Assume the feeling of accomplishment while you repeat your affirmation(s). Do not worry about whether or not your feeling the correct thing; simply just go with the flow. It’s very important that you do not use any effort. Effort presupposes opposition.
Permeate your mind with this idea. Doing this excludes any other ideas that might give contrary suggestions.
Step 5: Identify yourself with accomplishment. It may sound weird, but let this feeling of accomplishment be a part of you. Again, DO NOT use any effort.
Step 6: Ideally, do this as you lullaby yourself into sleep. If you can’t fall asleep while doing this, then simply do it until you feel affected by it, stop, and then go to sleep. It should be the last activity of the day.
Do not worry about anything during your day-to-day life. Do not do anything to bring to externalize the accomplishment, and do not worry if you feel that it has no effect on you. Most of the action will take place beneath the surface of your consciousness.
Try not to let yourself dwell too much in doubt and worry. A little doubt and worry is okay, but it becomes a problem if it becomes your dominant state of consciousness. Simply just keep a normal cheerful attitude the best you can.
If you think of yourself as a “failure” or something negative like that, try and distance yourself from that belief by understanding that it’s just a feeling within you. When the feeling of “I am a failure” comes up, simply recognize it and let yourself observe that you are feeling this way.
It’s likely that good things will happen to you either within the seven days or a while after, but I recommend that you don’t worry too much about this. Take your attention away from the external world, and let things happen on their own. The results of doing this exercise will be different for everyone.
Essentially, the only thing you are doing with this exercise is changing your self-concept. If you successfully change your self-concept, even if you don’t realize it, there is no way that that will be no changes in the external world or, at least, in your own behavior. The external world is nothing but a reflection of the inner self.
Both specific and general manifestations have their advantages and challenges. Specific manifestations require a stronger belief and can be more difficult, especially for beginners.
General manifestations give the inner power more freedom to create desired outcomes that you may have never thought of.
Ultimately, you should use both specific and general manifestations, as your general beliefs facilitate the manifestation of specific desires.
For example, you cannot have a general belief that “I am poor” and do successful money manifestations; the belief must be replaced in some way.
Focus on cultivating a state of consciousness that nurtures your desires by fostering positive, broad beliefs.
So, you can easily do general manifestations. For example, focusing on wealth in a general sense will cause a bunch of sub-manifestations within the wealth category to appear on their own.
If you’re struggling with manifesting a specific outcome, try and work on some of the general beliefs you have in that area. As said, the general is the soil that facilitates the seeds of your specific desires.
I hope you found this article helpful. Thanks for reading!